Everybody else calls it “freight forwarding,” but that term does not even begin to convey the level of shipment control possible in the modern era of logistics. Furthermore, in the post 9/11 economy, the complexity and standards for export compliance have never been higher. Let’s face it: the freight forwarding industry has a bad reputation for some pretty compelling reasons, and exporters like you cannot risk your company’s good name, your free access to ports, and your bottom line by placing your trust with the wrong freight forwarder.
Complaints we often hear about the export forwarding industry:
My final pricing never matches my quote
My customer service contact changes all the time
My forwarders pass on market increases, but it takes months to see decreases
My forwarder always has somebody else to blame for delays or extra expenses or anything that disrupts my supply chain
At Shapiro, we are not only proud of our Company, but we are proud of our professional role in your supply chain. We passionately aspire to change the well-deserved negative perception of our profession, one customer at a time.
The main ingredients of Shapiro cargo management:
- Reliance on comprehensive (AND tailored) technology to suit your commodity, mode of transport, trade lane, internal reporting, and visibility needs
- High standards for our staff, from recruiting to education and training, to career development and employee empowerment
- Shapiro GlobalFlex™ agent network, a flexible yet powerful line-up of global alliances built for the diverse needs of a diverse customer base
- Honest pricing and profit, updated as promptly in a decreasing market as an increasing market
- Regulatory and transportation expertise
- Quotes and information at lightning speed
- Old school dedication to the details and required documentation
Our Core Services:
- Ocean FCL and LCL
- Emerging Markets Logistics
- Air Cargo
- Foreign to Foreign
- Door-Door Services
- Cargo Consolidation/Deconsolidation
- Logistics Design
- Sea-Air and Air-Sea
- Project Cargo
- Cargo Insurance
In essence, we strive to be nothing like the other guys. After all, we are in the cargo management business. What is a freight forwarder, anyway?
If you’re seeking true export cargo management services, please reach out.
Offering you complete flexibility and control over your shipment information.
Shapiro 360° is our home for purchase order management, cargo tracking, all customer reports and dashboards, and all other Shapiro technology applications.