Everybody else calls it “freight forwarding,” but that term does not even begin to convey the level of shipment control possible in the modern era of logistics. And, let’s face it, the freight forwarding industry has a bad reputation for some pretty compelling reasons.
Complaints we often hear about those “crummy and disreputable” freight forwarders:
My customer service contact changes all the time
My forwarders pass on market increases, but it takes months to see decreases
My forwarder always has somebody else to blame for delays or extra expenses or anything that disrupts my supply chain
At Shapiro, we are not only proud of our Company, but we are proud of our professional role in your supply chain. We passionately aspire to change the negative perception of our profession, one customer at a time.
Main ingredients of Shapiro cargo management:
- Reliance on comprehensive (yet tailored) technology to suit your commodity, mode of transport, trade lane, and internal reporting needs
- High standards for our staff, from recruiting to education and training, to career development and employee empowerment
- Shapiro GlobalFlex™ agent network, a flexible yet powerful line-up of global alliances built for the diverse needs of a diverse customer base
- Honest pricing and profit, updated as promptly in a decreasing market as an increasing market
Our core services:
- Ocean FCL and LCL
- Emerging Markets Logistics
- Air Cargo
- Foreign to Foreign
- Cargo Consolidation/Deconsolidation
- Sea-Air and Air-Sea
- Project Cargo
- Door-Door Services
- Logistics Design
- Cargo Insurance
In essence, we strive to be nothing like the other guys. After all, we are in the cargo management business. What’s a freight forwarder?
Offering you complete flexibility and control over your shipment information.
Shapiro 360° is our home for purchase order management, cargo tracking, all customer reports and dashboards, and all other Shapiro technology applications.
- The Top 3 Reasons You Need to Review Your Import/Export Trade Compliance Program Now »
- 10 Ways Technology Can Improve Your Supply Chain (and Personal) Productivity »
- Why Every Importer of Tile and Stone Cannot Afford to Miss the “Crystal Ball Look at Future Transportation Issues” Session at Coverings 2014 »