But there’s more to this game.
Now more than ever, you need an experienced hand like Shapiro to ensure that each of your cards is placed on the table in the right place, at the right time, and in full compliance with the rules of the game.
While the Automated Commercial Environment should provide more consistency port to port and minimize paper usage, clearing cargo is now like playing with your cards on the table since CBP and all government agencies have MUCH greater cargo visibility. Now more than ever, you need an experienced hand like Shapiro to ensure that each of your cards is placed on the table in the right place, at the right time, and in full compliance with the rules of the game.
There are Four Components to the ACE Program:
1. Manifest Visibility and Assessment
Electronic manifests allow the government to more quickly determine if incoming cargo poses a risk or can proceed into the country, with the following benefits:
- Reduced wait time for processing at ports of entry
- Enhanced visibility of cargo status through new status messages
2. Cargo Release
Working with representatives of trade associations, CBP and PGA have undertaken steps to gain more control and visibility of the entry process by requiring greater depth of detailed information to be filed by entirely electronic submissions. This has the following potential benefits:
- Consolidated and uniform submission of data elements
- Greater ability for CBP/PGA to manage admissibility, compliance and duty collection
3. Post Release
Filers will also be able to submit Post Summary Corrections (PSC) such as reconciliation, drawback, liquidation, and statements. As a result, there will be:
- A reduction of electronic invoice transmissions due to electronic Census overrides
- Decreased courier and administrative costs from the elimination of paper copy
- Continuation of the Periodic Monthly Statement (PMS) program which also allows participants to pay duties and fees on a monthly basis rather than transaction by transaction
4. Partner Government Agencies (PGAs)
CBP is working closely with Partner Government Agencies (PGAs) to implement a single window. This window:
- Allows the entry filers to electronically submit documentation needed by Customs through its Document Image System (DIS)
- Provides visibility of PGA messages and releases
Need more information? Refer to our ACE Resource for more information.
If you’d like a quote from Shapiro or just want to learn more about what Automated Commercial Environment Filing Service, contact us today.