The way consumers search, find, and buy goods has changed rapidly in the last few years. E-Commerce is the new kid on the playground with the cool jacket that everyone wants to befriend. What you may not know? We shipped that cool jacket in for them!
As any online retailer knows, it’s important to have a reliable E-commerce shipping partner on your side. With Shapiro in your corner, you have a partner willing to go the extra mile to keep you updated with smart data, meet your deadlines, and make sure you and your customers are happy.
Door #1: Shapiro 5-Step Program
- Step 1 Getting Started & Setup: Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with information about your shipment and desired E-commerce shipping services. Our team will reach out to help you get started, as well as send you helpful resources like our ‘Welcome Packet’!
- Step 2 Request a Quote: Complete our quote request form to receive a quote for our E-commerce shipping services. Our smart electronic form collects all the data that we need to provide you with a comprehensive pricing quote for our E-commerce shipping solutions.
- Step 3 Product Classification: Our top-notch compliance team will classify your products in order to determine the Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS number), duty rate and specific import requirements that relate to your E-commerce shipping. Shapiro charges $10 per product classification under most circumstances (Shapiro is happy to provide a cost estimate for a large product catalog upon request). In order to provide you with the most efficient and economical E-commerce logistics solutions, your Shapiro representative will need to understand what your product is, the composition, the Country of Origin and will also need access to a picture of or link to the product to properly process the request.
- Step 4 Complete Import Setup: In E-commerce shipping, as is the case with commercial cargo shipping, every country has their own specific import requirements that must be met to remain compliant with local regulations. As your trusted E-commerce shipping partner, Shapiro is happy to assist you with this setup. Once you have met the import requirements in your destination country, you will need to complete Power of Attorney and Terms and Conditions forms with Shapiro before we can legally manage any of your E-commerce shipping.
- Step 5 Complete Shapiro’s Pre-Booking Checklist: At this final stage of our E-commerce shipping services, we will collect your Customs entry documents and process your shipment to generate your Shapiro invoice. If you would like to establish credit terms with us, then we will provide you with a credit application. Otherwise, you will be guided to our online payment portal to complete the transaction.
If you are interested in our 5-Step Program, then please reach out to us using the below links:
Door #2: Shapiro Consulting Program
Shapiro’s consulting program is designed to assist both new and experienced shippers when navigating the choppy waters of international E-commerce logistics. We are aware that there is a great deal of information to absorb when it comes to E-commerce shipping, international logistics and Customs’ requirements. Our custom-tailored consulting program will walk you through the entire E-commerce logistics process in a step-by-step fashion. Shapiro is here to help!
What we will review: Incoterms, transit times, responsibilities of an importer of record, requirements for importer setup, carton marks, tariff numbers, duties, Customs entries, entry documentation, different types of transportation, compliance consulting, product classifications, Shapiro’s specific E-commerce shipping services and more! If there is something that you would like to focus on, but you do not see that topic on the list, please inquire with a representative.
What’s included: One free and private 30-minute phone call to assess your case, personalized one-on-one consulting with a Shapiro E-commerce representative to discuss your E-commerce shipping needs, 3 free product HTS classifications accompanied by an import regulation review of requirements, a Shapiro ‘Consulting Review’ package and 20% off your first Customs entry filing service.
- Additional products (over 3) can be classified for $10 per product with a $35 compliance processing fee.
Our clients say some very nice things about us. We might be a little embarrassed if we weren't so proud. We're so lucky to work with such great folks each and every day. Read what they have to say.